Thursday, July 7, 2011

ah-oh-mmm

I have a new Wednesday evening tradition.
If you are on the Twitter, you have probably heard about it.
It's yoga sushi date.
It's one definite time a week that my girlfriends and I get together to hem and haw and stretch and breathe.
It has become a wonderful mid-week break.

I have mentioned before my affinity for yoga.
It makes me feel limber and long, even though I am really neither of those things.
It makes me feel relaxed and calm, which is another rarity.

One of the best things about yoga is the nap time at the end. (Savasana, for you cultured yogis out there.)
After the stretching and planking and twisting and lifting and down-dogging, you get to just be for a while.
Yesterday, there was a tribal song on during savasana, and for a minute, I lived in the jungle.
It was kind of fantastic.

Then, after the nap time, you take a big cleansing inhale, and release "anything that has not served you" with a whooshing exhale. 

And then you say this:

May all beings have happiness and the causes of happiness.
May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering.
May all beings never be parted from freedom's true joy.
And may all beings dwell in equanimity, free from attachment and aversion.

How could you not be in a good mood after that?

P.S. I saw this, and decided it was awesome.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment