Friday, January 21, 2011

Open Jan. 21, 2012

I was pondering this morning over coffee and blueberry muffins, how much can change in the span of a year. [Mostly I was pondering this because lkj had mentioned something about it and so I ran with it...but I was pondering it nonetheless.]

What was I even doing at this time last year?
Well, it just so happens that I am a pack-rat and keep lots of things that are seemingly insignificant but may happen to come in handy at some point. For instance, my Moleskine planner from the last year and half. 
Here was my week last year:

Let's see, I was working as a receptionist, applying to be a waitress [little did I know what I was getting myself into], doing Spanish and Comm homework, and thinking about applying to grad school...among a load of other things it looks like. 
I was quite the list maker, eh?
At that point I was also beginning my second semester as an intern at a television station, where I would later get hired on salary, and then shortly thereafter, quit and move to Memphis and pretty much change my course completely.
Point is, a lot can happen in a year.

So I'm going to do a little time capsule post about what is going on in my life right now, and in a year [when my blog is famous and I have a gajillion followers] I can look back and once again see the progression of time from one year to the next. This time I won't have a Moleskine to photograph, but I do have my iCal and a leather journal that is rapidly filling with lists and to-do's and other interesting things. So that will do.

It is Friday, January 21, 2011, just after 11 a.m.
Friends is on. The one where Ross says Rachel.
There's snow on the ground [Casper is currently frolicking in it.]
I'm 23, a server, and an eager PR intern.
I've been out of school for 8 months.
I stress about money and keeping the house clean.
The last songs I bought on iTunes were "6 ft 7" by Lil Wayne and "Purple Rain" by Prince.
The last movie I saw in theaters was Black Swan [amazing.]
The book I am currently reading is "I Found This Funny" by Judd Apatow.
I have an iPhone 3Gs.
I work out with my friend at her country club.
Lkj and I are just awesome. The carnations he bought me for my birthday are still beautiful 1o days later.

I guess that about covers the bases...
I'd have to say that, after flipping through that old planner, I feel considerably less stressed out than I was at that time. We'll see how long that lasts once this internship gets underway...
Anyways, if you had asked me on this day last year, [when I was trying to get to my Namaste Cycle class between Spanish and work at the Thornton Center] where I thought I would be in exactly a year, I probably would not have guessed that I'd be here. I probably would have broken into tears because I had no idea what to expect and couldn't decide what I wanted. I wish I could go back and tell myself not to freak out so much, because things have a way of working themselves out. 
I'll have to try to remember that for next year, ha.

Yours, truly

No comments:

Post a Comment