Thursday, January 27, 2011

Two jobs are better than one?

Hi.
I have been a busy bee this week. I started the new internship on Monday, totally pulled out my cute-professional clothes and got my business on. Now I'm switching gears to go to my other job tonight [the only of my jobs that is paid, which is key] before I have a glorious day off tomorrow, provided I do not get called in.
At this point I'm feeling kind of scatterbrained, so I'm going to opt for a list post.

Perks of the new job:
-I think I'll be good at it
-Constant exposure to new things
-They are open minded and encourage you to read and learn new things constantly
-Chic downtown office
-Probability of upward movement

Working an 8-5 means:
-Desperately need to clean house
-Must think of new and more creative motivations to exercise when I have no energy
-Blogging has kind of fallen by the wayside

My two jobs are completely different:
-8a to 5p vs. 7p-3a
-New building smells vs. bar smells
-Quiet conversation and occasional phone call vs. loud music and yelling people 
-Writing and organizing vs. counting money and running drinks

I have no complaints.
Also, I'm reading about 4 books at once right now and they are all great. I've got I found this funny, Wuthering Heights, Brain Rules, and Water for Elephants [which I have yet to start] all on the docket. I can't decide which direction to go, so I'm just reading them all at the same time. We'll see how successful I am.

Yours, truly

No comments:

Post a Comment