Monday, December 13, 2010

Let the countdown begin.

We have less than two weeks till Christmas!
I am excited to say that much of my shopping is done. I am not so excited to realize that I am considerably poorer than I was a week ago.
Oh well.

As they say, 'tis the season. We are getting a little festive ourselves.

Everyone that I know, excluding my grandparents and a few recently graduated comrades, is knee-deep in finals right now. Every time I enter a coffee shop, it's full of studious little workers on their laptops clicking away and highlighting in their corresponding books. Today I had the fortune of beating a gaggle of high school girls [clad in Catholic school skirts] in line at Starbucks. A study group no doubt. And the sight of them struck a cord in my memories.

I still miss school.
Even.....High school. The skirts did it to me. And the saddle oxfords.
[I might add that high school was actually pretty awesome...And super easy comparatively speaking..so it's not such a stretch I guess. But still.]
It seems like finals would be the time I would reminisce about with the least fondness. But I am kind of a nerd. I always sort of liked the coffee-induced studying and vigorous paper writing. And I especially enjoyed the subsequent month long break from everything when all you had to do was sit around and hang out with your buddies.
Ah the good life.

'Tis no longer the case. In fact, I found out a couple of days ago that I'll be working Christmas night... It's not so bad I guess. I kind of knew it was coming, and at least this means I should get New Year's Eve off. They say it's a pretty busy night on Christmas. Apparently folks like to indulge after spending all day with their families and going broke at Target.

Well, I'm off to watch Sav's Christmas program.
She's going to be adorable.
Tomorrow I get to get into the wrapping paper :) 
I love wrapping presents.

Yours, truly

1 comment:

  1. My cousin Maddie is a senior at IC & she posted Silver Bells pictures over the weekend that made me really miss High School so I empathize. But trust me, there's nothing fun about taking five years to finish college!

    ReplyDelete