Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holiday Hangover

My boss used that phrase to describe the overwhelming sense of exhaustion that happens after the holidays are over, and I think it's pretty accurate.
I spent the past week or so working a ton, baking a ton, furiously wrapping presents and visiting as much as possible with family and friends who are rushing in and out of town. Christmas was wonderful, Santa was very good to me, and I managed to make a killing working Christmas night. All in all it was great. Needless to say, I am definitely feeling spent. And just in time for the big cleanup that I've put been putting off.

So, that's what I've been doing today. That and forcing myself on the treadmill because I've eaten my weight in eggs and muffins and frozen Reeses cups in the past 4 days. I'm trying to hold on to the gift cards that are burning a hole in my pocket, because I've heard the mall is still a nut house. Maybe tomorrow....

This time of year is extremely fun for me. It's the Quadruple super-fun holiday beginning with the wonderful feasting of Thanksgiving, moving to a Merry Christmas and the partying of New Years Eve, and culminating with my Birthday extravaganza (which, in case you  were wondering, is 2 weeks from today. Woop woop!)
Consequently, it is also quite busy. So you will have to bear with me if my posts are less than frequent or steady.
In fact, as we speak, I am late for a shopping date with friends. I still have to shower, and the house is not quite as clean as I was hoping it would be... But alas.

I would like to give a quick shout out to my newest followers! Thank you for reading my thoughts! Y'all are awesome, and I very much appreciate your support :)

Well, I must be off! Please keep me in your thoughts as I am currently in cahoots with a few internship opportunities that I am really hoping will pan out. So fingers crossed.

Yours, truly

No comments:

Post a Comment