Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pursuit of Happiness pt. 2

I spent a few hours last week burning myself lots of cd's from my boyfriend's computer while we watched Donnie Darko [I had not seen it before, and I really like it, for the record. Although the bunny was kind of creepy.]
One of those cd's was an album released last year by artist Kid Cudi, Man on the Moon.
If you watch MTV [which is an occasional guilty pleasure for myself], you may recognize Kid Cudi as the artist behind the theme song for the show World of Jenks, about a young and successful producer donned in Aviators who puts himself into other people's positions in life so as to better understand their points of view.
But I digress.

The cooler weather has prompted me to roll down my car windows and play my music loudly, and this particular song from that album is my new favorite accompaniment.
You know how sometimes different seasons or events can allow you to rediscover a song?
Point in case: 
Besides it's catchy beat, the lyrics themselves portray a carefree, albeit somewhat reckless lifestyle, which is coincidentally exactly what the artist was aiming for. Even if that's not your cup of tea, I bet you still catch yourself bobbing along to this song.

I myself have been struggling lately with what my next step is, and how I should go about getting there.
If you've been following me from the beginning, you remember my first post on the subject, right when I quit my psuedo big-girl job and opted for a different approach.
Since then, it's been an interesting journey of finding my place and figuring out what I really want.
However, when I'm listening to this song, and the fall breeze is blowing through my hair, and the sun is shining, and my bills are paid, and I'm on my way to hang out with some of my favorite people in the wide world, it's hard for me to be upset. Because I am happy, and I that has to be one of the most important things, right?
I have to believe that the rest of it will fall into place.

Yours, truly

No comments:

Post a Comment