Monday, June 14, 2010

Waiting for the Moment of Truth

It's Monday again...
It doesn't seem like a week ago that I wrote about how I have a different outlook on the "Mondays" than most. This week I feel the need to clarify: Monday's can still suck.

Today isn't really all that bad, I guess. I had a great weekend with lkj; [hence- the reason I missed Sunday Funnies this week...apologies!] which included our hibachi date and some pool time :) I didn't get too sad when he had to take off, because I'll be in Memphis in a little over a week, so I'll be seeing him again soon.

Another positive of the weekend: True Blood!

The season 3 premier was last night, and yes, it was awesome. Something about those beautiful vampires and Louisiana accents just draws me in every time. I really need to go back and re-watch season 2 though, because I think I've forgotten some key things. I can't believe we have to wait a whole week for the next one, TV on DVD has spoiled me so...

What has got me turning my sourness towards Monday's this week is what is looming ahead of me. I have a big meeting at work this Friday, and it's got my stomach all in knots
I shouldn't be fretting over it, because I already know what's going to happen. But I also know that it is going to change my life considerably, and that's what's got me nervous. Plus, meeting with the big wigs always makes me kind of queasy. The all-eyes-on-you vibe is just a lot of pressure!

I promise to update more on the meeting after the fact, when I can without a doubt say what's going on, and what I'll be doing. I wish I didn't have to wait all week, I'm more of a lets get this over with kind of girl.  
Patience has never been my strong suit...

But I can say that never did I imagine that I would be making such major, life-changing, big-girl decisions this soon after graduating from college. I feel like it's a lot to deal with at such an unsure time in life, but the real world waits for no one. At least I can say that I have been hanging in there, figuring it out, and trying to make the best. And it can only make me a stronger person, and a better decision maker in the long run.

Live and Learn, right?
 Yours, truly

No comments:

Post a Comment