Thursday, October 7, 2010

A favor?

Blog friends, I need your help.
I can't decide what to be for Halloween, and time is quickly running out.

We all know how hard it is to find any kind of costume material the entire week preceding Halloween. I had the unfortunate experience of spending hours with my former roommate last year scouring 4 or 5 different party/gag stores trying to find costume pieces a few nights before the big night, and we were left with mis-matched accessories and whatever we could scrounge up in the costume box at home.
We made it work, but only because she has lots of siblings from whom we could borrow.

I am in no such position this year, and I am trying to avoid the last minute search all together.
Which is why I am trying to decide whom I should dress up as...
This is where you come in!

I would love to hear your opinions and creative ideas about Halloween costumes!
Here are a few things to keep in mind:

I can only sew minor things [i.e. adding a little fringe, sure... Making an entire costume, not so much.]
I want it to be flattering and cute and girly, but not slutty.
I am on a budget where dropping 50 bucks on a Halloween costume is less than plausible, so I need some thrifty options.

I would really appreciate any help! I've always said that I have lots and lots of creative ideas, but they don't always translate well into real life, ha. Words, I can do. The more artsy, creative stuff, I lack deftness for.
Any ideas?

Yours, truly

No comments:

Post a Comment