Monday, September 27, 2010

blogger's block.

I'm feeling slightly sheepish.
I have neglected my little web log for two long weeks, and I feel kind of bad about it.

I could make excuses for my brief hiatus... I could tell you all that I've been tired and busy and blah bah.. But that's a little tacky, and you probably couldn't care less.

[Quick question: Do you ever hear people say "I could care less" when they really mean "I couldn't care less" ?? I hear this said so often that I am willing to assume that I have mistaken the meaning myself, but I'm pretty sure I got it right... it thoroughly confuses me.]

Truth be told I had a minor freak-out when I realized first hand how very open to the public a blog really is... I mean we knew all along that really anyone can read a blog, but when you have an experience that brings that detail screaming to the forefront, it calls into question what all you are really putting out there.

So I thought about it some, and I decided that I can't really let that bother me so much.
Granted, I'm not giving out my social...but I don't put anything on this record that I would be uncomfortable talking about in casual conversation [unless said conversational partner is a creep- in which case I would probably refrain from conversing anyway.]
Every writer writes for an audience, and I am no different.

Also- I've been very tired and also quite busy.

All this said, I assure you I have not abandoned my endeavors here. 
It's way too much fun to give up.

Yours, truly

P.S.- I'd like to extend a warm welcome to Fall! We are all so excited you are finally here! Please don't tease us and leave again. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment