Monday, August 23, 2010

wake work wake.

Friends, I've been selfish.
I've been M.I.A. for a little over a week now, and my reasoning is twofold:
1. I've never been this tired in my entire life. Even when I served tables before, and dealt with school, and had to get up at 6:00 a.m. for work, I was not this exhausted. My new regimen of up till 4:00 a.m. and asleep until noon at the earliest is beginning to take it's toll on me. Not to mention the constant on-your-feet energy that my new line of work requires. We're not talking  I'm-feeling-groggy-today type tired, we're talking I-just-took-a-shower-and-I-now-need-a-nap, my-arms-and-legs-are-on-strike type tired. It's all part of the job, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
2. Because of my physical and mental exhaustion, I've become very lackadaisical. I've been quite picky about how I choose to spend my time and energy when I'm not at work, and in doing so, I haven't done very much of anything that I didn't really want to do. This has caused my mental stamina, my creativity, and my overall motivation to suffer. Hence, M.I.A.

 On the bright side, I'm chocking all of this up to adaptation. Here in the next little bit, my body will acclimate itself to this new schedule and I will get back to addressing all of the things that fall by the wayside when I get too spent [also lazy]. Take today for example, I made myself wake up [promptly at noon] and I went out and I joined a gym. Granted, I've been planning on doing this for some time now, but today it was TCB time and I got myself a nice work out in. Monday- check.

Yours, truly

No comments:

Post a Comment