Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sand between my toes.

So, I think this is the longest I have gone without updating since I started this here web log. Lo siento. BUT I have a legitimate excuse, I promise! 
I have been on the first leg of my month-long vacationing these past few days in sunny Wilmington, NC!
My long-time friend Angela and I decided that, en lieu of the drabness that this summer has offered us, we would pack up, throw caution [and finance] to the wind, and drive to see our friend MJ at the beach. She's been going to school here for four years, and has been wanting us to visit. And we did, right at the buzzer-she's leaving for home [for good] the day after us ha.
So, Angela drove up to Knox last Friday and hung out with me for the weekend, and Sunday morning, we were beach bound!
If you were here, you might be remiss in your blog updates too ;)
Nothing relaxes the mind more than the sounds of the surf...and of course, catching up with the ladies.

As a post script- I promise that I will soon have some new updates about what I'm reading, as well as a new addition to the blog that, if I have some down time tomorrow, I will go ahead and get started on! 
[I know, oxy-moron- down time at the beach, but you would be surprised how much time it takes to de-sand after laying out all day. But, hey, I'm not complaining.]

Yours, truly

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo of the crab! Glad to hear life after Alicante is going well. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond jealous! Adam and I went to Wilmington a few summers ago and I want to go back!

    PS Hi Angela & MJ :)

    ReplyDelete